About Me

My photo

I moved to NYC when I was 19, and immediately began working full-time on my BA while working at Gotham Wines & Liquors.  Within a few months, I went from stocking shelves to being a buying agent.  I quickly took on more responsibility, where my marketing, sales and business talents helped me to eventually run the store as Director of Operations.

During my career, I have run many formal wine tastings - including selecting, pairing and presenting wines and other alcoholic beverages to many organizations. Topics have ranged from Rare Boutique Wines from Around the World to Wine & Chocolate to Great Wines Paired with Authentic Ethnic Foods.

My creative sensibilities have helped to start many wine trends.  I helped initiate local interest in lesser known varietals and producers. Often been quoted in the Wine Spectator, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Wine and Spirits, Beverage Media, Food & Wine, for my recommendations.  

Certified Sommelier

Sake Sommelier

Wine Educator

Friday, July 30, 2010

One thing led to another!

It all started with the left over zucchini Carpaccio with mint and lemon vinaigrette. I decide to pair that with an arugula salad (I make my own dressing) and chicken piccata. I use wine in my piccata sauce which it let me to open a long over due chardonnay sample that I had sitting at home.

The Jean de Rose Chardonnay 2008, imported by Gabriella Imports and soon to be available at Gotham, was a superb pairing. The notes of butter and the rich balanced palate made this wine a perfect pairing with my meal!

What a wonderful dinner!!!


Costas Mouzouras
Wine Director
Gotham Wines

No comments: